Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 23

Navigation
I have been a regular user of Google Maps as my in car GPS for many years and over the years the product has continued to improve.  It works so good that I have no need or interest to purchase a dedicated navigation only device.  In the last 23 days I have been using the iPhone and have on numerous occasions used the Apple Maps for navigation and it works just as good as Google Maps.  I could live with either one.

Pinch Zoom
I don't know if this is a "pinch zoom" issue or just a problem with the email app but when I "pinch zoom" text in an email message the text gets bigger but it all gets pushed off the screen.  On Android when you "pinch zoom" in the email app the text gets bigger too but the rest of the text re-flows so you can read the entire message in a larger font.  Apparently it's not just me as here is a someone else's comment from the internet: "When I double tap to zoom on my ipod touch 4g, the words are unreadable. I pinch to zoom and then the words go off the screen. Android automatically reflows the zoomed words into a column that fits my screen. Android lets me scroll down to read. iOS makes me scroll right then left then right, etc"


No comments:

Post a Comment