Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 29

Stuck
Just to be fair to the blog my Android phone froze today and I needed to pull the battery.  Not exactly frozen: I was on a call - trying to take a picture - switched my Bluetooth headset twice - and the screen was stuck in camera mode and wouldn't respond to anything else.  Strange is call stayed up and as I moved the phone camera was still active but input was frozen.    I guess Android just like iPhone still needs the old CTRL-ALT-DEL or a power cycle to fix certain issues ;-)

Sync/Backup to PC
I spent almost an hour today trying to figure out how to backup up the photos on my daughter's iPhone 4s.  Now on Android you simply connect your device to you PC using USB cable and mount the phone like a disk drive and then simply copy off (or on) what you want.  iPhone apparently isn't this simple (maybe its easier if I had a Macintosh) but on a Windows PC not that simple.  I tried iTunes but I hate that application and it wasn't obvious how to do it there - if it was even possible.  Finally after some Googling I came across a windows app called "Syncios" that make the process pretty simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment