Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 24

Samsung Galaxy S3 outpaces iPhone 5S, 5C in touch accuracy
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609329-94/samsung-galaxy-s3-outpaces-iphone-5s-5c-in-touch-accuracy/
Funny how I was going to blog something similar as I test the 4S but I figured it would not be fair since the 4S was an older handset than my Galaxy S3 and accuracy was probably better on the new 5C/5S iPhones; we'll apparently not.  CNET wouldn't lie.

Navigation (cont)
Maybe I spoke to soon.  Navigation flipped out on me today because I deviated from the route.  Apparently Maps doesn't handle recalculation too well as it kept trying to direct me back to the last point instead of realizing I took a short cut and was much closer to my destination.  I did have this on early versions of Google Maps and the fix was to cancel and restart the navigation.  So while Apple Maps works pretty well there are still some kinks to iron.

Switch back to Droid early - 15:45 today
OK I said I was going to switch back to the Galaxy S3 for the last five days to allow some time for Apple's Kool-Aid to slowly drain from my veins but to be honest I think half way through Day 24 is more than enough time for me to decide that I actually like lots of things about the phone - also some things I don't like.  So having said that lets see how well I handle Apple withdrawal till Day 30.



No comments:

Post a Comment