Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 7

Settings
This one drives me a bit crazy and maybe it's just something you need to get used too but to me application specific settings should be selectable from within the application settings menu not the system menu.  For example if I want the Facebook app to make a certain sound when something new is posted you actually have to go to the system settings sound menu and find Facebook to make the change when it would be more natural to make this change directly in the Facebook app.  Maybe this is just me needing to embrace the Apple way?

Lock screen
I like the quick access to the settings screen and the camera from the lock screen.  I know I could do some of this using gestures from my galaxy S3 android phone but it wasn't as clean as I find it on the iPhone.  This is another example of how Apple may not come out with something first but they definitely take the time to do it right when they finally do bring it out.

2 comments:

  1. Lock screen gestures for apps? You never saw the 4 customization apps that are launched from the bottom of lock screen on you S3? Actually I believe that is standard with all Androids. From my understanding iPhone just has one app (Camera) that can be quick launched from the lock screen.

    ReplyDelete