Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 3

Keyboard
Realizing as I am sitting here typing this from my iPhone that I do miss the Swype keyboard input I used on my Android.  Again not a real biggie but i would have been done with this post much sooner had I been Swype-ing.

Facetime
Nice app.  Reminds me of Blackberry messenger when I had a Blackberry.  Works great but it's sort of useless unless all your friends are Apple folks.  Nice app though and using it today between my daughter and myself to troubleshoot a problem on far sides of the house was nice.  Google Hangouts works almost as nice and it supports group conferencing across devices.  Not sure how often I'll use this one.

Accessories
Shopping for accessories for the iPhone is a no brainier.  Gear for iPhone comes in all shapes and colors.  In comparison for Android there is only a handful of anything available and if your phone is unpopular good luck finding anything.  If Samsung continues to increase market share then maybe this will change - for Samsung handsets at least.  Same reason I abandoned my Creative Labs Zen MP3 player years ago - great MP3 player but no online store & barely any accessories.  Apple wins this one hands down.


1 comment:

  1. Day 3 and already missing android... Not off to a good start. Come on back and we will pretend this never happened. It was just a bad dream.

    ReplyDelete