Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 25

As I mentioned yesterday I switched back to the Galaxy S3 yesterday afternoon to see if I can survive the Apple iPhone withdrawal process until Day 30 or if the iPhone addiction is too strong.  

Bigger is better
First thing I immediately loved was the bigger screen on the Galaxy S3.  The small screen size on the iPhone has been a problem for me since Day 1.  Maybe the iPhone 6 will be bigger?

eMail Alerts
First of all I'm not a big lover of either email app.  Both have their pros & cons but neither one is lacking improvement.  One feature I loved on the iPhone was VIP but it only works with email delivered directly to your main inbox (not folders).  If you only get a handful of emails a day I guess having everything in your inbox is cute but not when you receive hundreds a day.  The Galaxy S3 mail app has a similar feature to Apple's VIP which is called "priority senders" which actually knows what folders are and will alert you if you receive an email from someone on your "priority sender" email list and YES it even works in folders.

Stupid iMessage
My daughter and I have been texting each other all day but stupid iMessage has been trying to send all her texts to me via iMessage instead of over SMS.  I wonder how many other iPhone folks won't be able to text me now that I am back on the Droid ?  BTW: turning off iMessage - Resetting network settings - and turning back on iMessage fixed the issue.  Apparently a know issue - follow this link:  http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/40077/my-iphone-4s-wont-text-my-friends-android-my-phone-thinks-she-still-has-an-ip
So if you have an iPhone and your texts are no longer reaching me don't take it personally.  :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment